- Barcelona, Spain: “Barcelona offers a remarkable depth and breadth of eateries. The best in Spanish cuisine is well represented here.”
- Montreal, Quebec: “It’s a city with more culinary balls than any other on earth. Classic eats, street fare, indulgent, boozy, chef-driven, extreme cuisine.”
- Aleppo, Syria: “This former Spice Route capitol was the world’s greatest food city a thousand years ago and is still one today. Paved with ancient pathways, it’s perfect blend of Middle East and North Africa.”
- Venice, Italy: “It’s the perfect walking city, dark and brooding at night, hidden and mysterious, and the food is once again on par with the town itself.”
- Taipei, China: “I love Chinese cuisine, maybe above all else. The night market in Taipei offers what is perhaps the best street eats on the planet narrowly beating out Penang’s New Lane and Singapore’s hawker stalls.”
Saturday, January 14, 2012
Bizarre Foods Andrew Zimmern Top Five 2012 Travel Destinations
Returning to the Long Beach Convention Center on January 14-15, the L.A. Travel & Adventure Show helps kick off 2012 with tons of destination inspiration. Along with over 400 exhibitors, a brand new culinary stage and out-of-the-box activities, the show’s impressive roster includes some of the industry’s most beloved stars. In the spirit of there’s-no-time-like-now, speakers Andrew Zimmern, Samantha Brown, Pauline Frommer and Patricia Schultz weigh in on the Top 5 best places to go in 2012.
Andrew Zimmern, Travel Channel host of Bizarre Foods recommends the following for traveling foodies:
Andrew will be speaking 12:00pm - 1:00pm on Saturday and 3:00pm-4:00pm Sunday.